Abstract Submission is Now Open
The program committee of the 2022 North American Veterinary Dermatology Forum (NAVDF) is calling for contributions for Free Communications (Original Research, Clinical, Resident, and Poster abstract sessions) to be presented at next year’s meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana taking place April 27-30, 2022.
Original Research Abstracts: This session will consist of short oral presentations (12 minutes) of original scientific studies (basic, applied, clinical) in animal or comparative dermatology.
Clinical Abstracts: This session will consist of short oral presentations (10-12 minutes) of interesting case reports or clinical studies.
Resident Abstracts: This session will consist of short oral presentations (12 minutes) of the ACVD residents’ original research.
Posters: This session will consist of reports in poster format of investigative and clinical studies. The size of the poster boards will be 4’ x 4’. Poster abstracts should be no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet (4’ x 4’). The posters will be available for viewing from Wednesday evening until Saturday afternoon.
- Studies submitted should not have been presented at a national or international meeting nor published prior to the 2022 NAVDF.
- Abstracts submitted for all sessions should adhere strictly to the format guidelines for the NAVDF (listed on the Abstract Submission Page).
- The abstracts must include the final results of the study.
- Incomplete abstracts or failure to follow the format will lead to rejections of the paper without review.
- Each abstract will be evaluated blindly by three to five members of the program committee and scored based on design, originality, and relevance to veterinary dermatology. The abstracts will be ranked according to score and selected for presentation in the session requested or deemed appropriate, based on available space.
- For 2022, all presentations (except posters) are required to utilize PowerPoint and be copied to a flash drive for LCD projection.
The Submission Deadline is November 1, 2021, by 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time. There will be no extensions for this deadline.
Please sign into the Abstract Submission Portal with your email address and password. If you have not yet submitted an abstract, please create a new account.
If you are a registered ACVD resident, please navigate to the NAVDF Resident Abstract Submission Site to make your submission.
For registered ACVD residents, the submission deadline is
December 1, 2021, 11.59 pm PT.
For those who have already submitted an abstract, you can still make edits until the deadline if you wish.